Sunday, August 12, 2012

BEAUTY REGIMEN


My beauty regimen changes quite often, but here are my current obsessions.  Yes, this may be a bit of a boring post but it's a documentation for me of products I've used and liked.  And also to see which products I will continue to use and which I will replace with something else better!  The first picture is my shower reg.  Fekkai Curl shampoo for my thin, fine awkwardly curly hair.  And Pureology conditioner which I absolutely LOVE!  I am actually looking for new sulfate-free shampoo so if anyone has a suggestion, let me know!


Styling regimen.  I put the Enjoy Shaping Lotion and Bumble & Bumble Defrizz in when my hair is wet.  Then I blow dry as smooth as possible, then straighten the little curlies around my hairline, then use a curling iron to put waves in.  Whew! what a process.  Then I use Kerastase Lumiere Nutri-Sculpt (my fav for 6 years!) to smooth last minute frizzies and for shine and softness.  It is AMAZING.  Then a little spritz of DermOrganic hair spray for a little hold and some volume on top.


Cleansing and Moisturizing:  Dr Perricone Hypoallergenic Cleanser for my sensitive skin (leaves it so soft!).  I use Vanicream lite lotion at night for my sensitive skin (no breakouts, not heavy, no fragrance, not expensive, simple!).  Along with Murad hydro dynamic eye cream.  And Murad moisturizer with spf 30 for daytime.  It isn't greasy or sticky and wears well under makeup.


Makeup!  Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.  Benefit Lemon Aid and Booing combo for dark areas and blemishes (i love this).  And I just got this Josie Maran finishing powder, but I am not sure how I feel about it.  Will probably look for something else to set everything.


These three makeup products I will use for the rest of my life.  Well, if only Revlon hadn't discontinued their skinlights :(  Anyways, Benefit Hoola bronzer which is matte and natural.  Revlon skinlights loose powder gives a lovely glow.  I concentrate it more over the cheeks but then sweep some all over.  And Nars blush in Orgasm.  Perfect shade of pink!


Eyes:  Chanel brow pencil.  Bobbi Brown shadow in Nude.  MAC shadow in Naked Lunch (my all time fav color!).  Almay brown liner for bottom lash line.  Revlon Smoky Crayon for lining the lid.  And I thought I would never buy expensive mascara until I tried Chanel's :)  It's fabulous for building thickness.


I don't wear lipstick.  I've tried, it doesn't look good.  I like a simple sheen.  I have used this MAC lip balm for a long time and I love it.  I use this Dior gloss when I want a hint of color.  Then I just bought this Sugar Advance Therapy and really like it.  It will be a staple for sure!


I get pedicures at the salon but like to do my manicure myself.  I like light neutral colors.  These are my favorites:  Esse in Adore-A-Ball, Butter London in Yummy Mummy, and OPI in Mod About You.  I also use Boots cuticle oil every so often.


Last, but not least, my current obsession in fragrance.  Flora by Gucci in Magnolia.  This was a birthday gift from a friend recently and I absolutely love this scent.  I have a hard time finding fragrance I like so I was surprised when I fell in love with this one.  It's girly and not too overpowering.  Floral and delightful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment